Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ok, so I have decided to write a blog.
I know I know, everyone seems to have one these days and so I am more than aware of the fact that this is by no means an original idea, but I figure that I have a lot to say and that some people might be interested in hearing it, and if not then I have at least gotten a few things off my chest and am feeling more relaxed at the end of the day.

So to begin with I would like to state a few rules:

• You may disagree with what I say but if you find it offensive, distasteful or really disturbing – I don’t care, I am not going to say things all the time that people find socially acceptable and politically correct, so don’t bother sharing your thoughts with me – just DON’T READ!

• I have not got the time to continually spell check and re-read for grammatical errors, I plan to write these thoughts when the moment strikes and when I am generally at work – I might be a public servant but it does get busy some times and I won’t have the time, so smart arses piss off, I am not interested in your corrections or observations of my misuse of the English language.

• There are many of you who are my friends who will read this and will needed to be included in stories or other tales of my life, I will do my best to respect your anonymity and will not identify you as far as possible, please for the sake of out friendships, let me know if I have over stepped the line and I will rectify.

So off we go then. I have decided to do this in three stages, the first will be that I will tell some stories about the day to day business of going about my life. I will endeavour to weave some stories of past adventures among these tales.

To gain a better insight into my “stuff” and my weird and crazy world I will attempt to, when I feel like it and when I have the time and nothing to do at work, I will do a bit of a history of Rachie section – so that’s the plan so far.

In addition to the plan, and due to my keen desire to participate in as much social commentary as possible I encourage anyone to ask questions, about little ethical issues you might be experiencing, perhaps it’s a cooking problem, a relationship issue, something going on at work you would like an honest perspective on, and most importantly, my personal passion – social etiquette – yes, that’s right, the art of behaving like you are not an inbreed fuckstick.

I am more than happy to comment on these matters, and they may include appropriate dress for events, another one of my personal favourites, dickheads who can’t dress themselves……my comments will always be blunt, but I will always be right and could save you from looking like a wally for the rest of the world – the choice is yours.

So, lets gets to what’s going on with me at the moment……I have taken to renovating my home. Yes, that’s right, with absolutely not skills or abilities in the area of home renovations I reckon I have seen enough Suzie Wilkes prancing around in tight jeans with a hot arse and a hot set of tits to have learnt a few tricks of the trade, so I thought I would give it a bash – literally.

Basically the story of this house purchase was that it was made with my then husband, it was our second place, we built the first with a three year plan, to get the fuck out of the suburbs as soon as we had built as much of the house ourselves as possible, paid heaps off the mortgage and were in a better financial position to move inner. We had just finished Uni at the time we bought the land in Wonga Park/Croydon Hills/North Croydon – I say that because it was literally on the actual boarder of the three suburbs – a nice spot, not in a housing estate just a vacant block, it was cheap, we basically did the owner builder thing (due to which I have many great stories), we made some money on the place, decided three years on that we would be better to keep it as a rental and then buy a place in the Richmond/Abbotsford/Collingwood area.

All fine, but what we found was that if we were going to keep the other house and not borrow too much cash we would have to do a reno, which is kind of ok anyway because most of the places that have been renovated and sold its been done on the cheap, and the owners are trying to flog to make quick cash, this is not ideal for the purchaser…..so after a few false starts we bought 40 Henry Street.

My ex-husband and I had driven down the street on a Sunday and looked at the house, from the outside only, I liked it but the street was ordinary, further away from the river than I wanted and very industrial. But by this stage I had decided that there was nothing but Abbotsford for me, I could not live anywhere else I had decided, Collingwood has the flats and some unsavoury types, Richmond have too many footy heads, punch ons and young chicks who wear too much make up and too little clothing covering their arses, and don’t get me started on the traffic on the weekends…..

So reluctantly I went to look at 40 Henry Street when it was open for inspection with my sister, really was not keen, as I said, the street was not what I wanted it to be – but the house price was right and there was not much else for sale. As soon as we walked in she said ‘this is your house’ and she was right.

The house felt like home the second I stepped foot in the door and it had been a long time since I had felt that way, not having the “family home” for many years I felt lost before that house, and then I felt found as soon as I knew it would be mine – well “ours” at the time, but only for a brief moment in time, until that one Monday even when he walked in the door, hung up his jacket and said ‘I have been speaking to a mate, I am going to move in with him, I am leaving you for Cindy’…….and those words changed my life in ways I never thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment